Re: [R90SWORLDNET] Recommendations for Touring

Archive of the world renowned R90S Worldnet email list
"Darryl Richman"

Re: [R90SWORLDNET] Recommendations for Touring

Post by "Darryl Richman" »

I have a current R1250RS and have found it to be a wonderful sport tourer. If you are happy with the bikini fairing on the R90S, the smallish screen on the RS will be familiar. The modern brakes and powerful motor make a current bike easy to like, and it handles really well. Also, the modern saddlebags don’t come open on their own. I routinely get 50mpg on the RS, while my R90S can drop under 40mpg if I’m having a bit of fun. I have a 29” inseam, and yet I can flatfoot the RS.

On the downside, all of the 1250s are heavier than the R90S, and the RS is harder to get up on the centerstand.

--Darryl Richman

From: R90SWORLDNET@groups.io <R90SWORLDNET@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis Grossman via groups.io
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2023 1:51 PM
To: R90SWORLDNET@groups.io
Subject: [R90SWORLDNET] Recommendations for Touring

Hi Group
I realize this is a little off base to pure R90S discussion, but cannot think of a better group to pose this question to.
My wife and I are looking to do some longer trips than we usually take with the R90S, and I am trying to decide which BMW models would be best for these rides. We like back roads along and live on the West Coast with mountains and coasts.
I would love to hear the group thoughts regarding the best models that would be comfortable for 2-up riding over longer trips and varied landscapes.
Thanks in advance,
Denny